Friday 16 February 2024

Te Tiriti

I feel like learning about Te Tiriti makes you find out so much more about your own history especially things I hadn't known. For starters the amount of breaches that have been made on Te Tiriti are outrageous! And the fact people are still trying to make even more breaches. This isn't fair on Maori people because the most we can do now is to look after our Whenua we still own till this day and hope to get our rights back! There are many more things such as Maori people going from owning 100% of Aotearoa to 8% and that the English versions and Maori versions of Te Tiriti didn't have the exact same wording. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comments. 
Positive - something I have done well.
Thoughtful - a sentence or more that  lets me know you that you read/watched or listened to what I had to say.
Helpful - please give me some ideas for next time or ask a question you want to know more about.